This project is read-only.

Empty Toolbar

Aug 27, 2010 at 2:29 AM

Hello all, we use this great add-in a lot at my work, however a few of us seem to not be able to use it, or it breaks. I installed it on my first day and set up my environment for VB coding. This however was incorrect for my job (we have special in-house tools that require the General layout). After changing my layout, my Search Work Items toolbar is there, but empty. The control is gone! I have poked around online, and people have this issue, and say they have fixed it. None of their tips works for me or my unfortunate colleagues.

I use Visual Studio Team System 2008 on Windows 7 Enterprise 64-bit. I also have RockScroll and Source Code Outliner installed (no other third party applications/add-ins).

I have tried reinstalling VS, VSTS Power Tools, all my add-ins, and reinstalling them one at a time, or not at all. I have reset my Visual Studio settings many times but to no avail. Is there a known fix for this?

Cheers!

Oct 26, 2010 at 2:13 PM
Edited Oct 26, 2010 at 2:18 PM

Have you checked the location of the AddIns? I've moved my AddIns from the network to my local disk and it works...

Oct 26, 2010 at 11:42 PM

Hello, thanks for the response.

I added my Addins path to the Add-in File Path box in Options and it still gives me a blank toolbar. I wish I could get this one working, running the same process via queries takes so much longer!

On 26 October 2010 23:13, ThaYoung1 <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Are you using Visual Studio Team System 2008 Development Edition on that specific computers?

We are....and it doesn't work... Read something about it in this forum; it's still an open issue I think. If I run into more specific information I'll let you know in this post.

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (searchworkitems@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email searchworkitems@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com

May 1, 2012 at 9:43 AM

I loaded up Visual Studio the other day and decided to see if I could get this working. I added the Add-In and went into Add/Remove Buttons for the toolbar... and there was my control. I dragged it up and voilà - working.